Located in the well-known farming belt on the outskirts of Mareeba this 12.18ha established longan orchard offers a very lucrative opportunity with a well-established and running production, historically proven high returns and what could not be a more desirable location commercially and for the purposes of comfortable living. Containing 2 high quality homes, 2 large sheds and the infrastructure required to carry on production.
2018 turnover of approximately $850,000 operating at approximately 80% production with young trees maturing over the next 12-24 months to bring production to 100% capacity.
The farm was established by the current owners in 1993 catering to a very niche but demanding market. The owners have spent the last 2 decades producing the highest quality product available to the market through constant improvement of process and technology.
The major clients for longans currently are domestic wholesaler’s suppliers in many of Australia’s capital cities as well as lucrative export clients in the like of Canada.
The property is being sold with all plant and equipment required to carry on production. A full list can be supplied upon request.
The property features:
• 36.8 acres of fertile soil
• 73 mega litre water licence (currently using an estimate of 40)
• Gravity fed irrigation (no requirement for pumps/associated expenses)
• An excellent protected northerly aspect (survived cyclones with very little to no damage to orchard)
• No flooding
• No frosts
• 315m² shed
• 5.8m height
• 85m² mezzanine
• 12 pallet cold room
• 2 pallet gas room
• 10 packing tables
• Shower, toilet, kitchenette
• 32 pallet loft
• Registered with Fresh Care
• 30 ton gas fruit dryer
• 96m² shed
• 48m² awning area
• Kitchenette, bathroom, toilet
• 2,000L diesel tank
• 1,000L unleaded tank
• 330m² approx.
• Solid construction of 18inch block with brick veneer
• 4 spacious bedrooms with built ins and fans
• Main bedroom having walk in robe, en suite and air con
• Separate office
• 2 carport
• Large outdoor area with fantastic views of the farm and area beyond
House 1 Granny Flat:
• 110m² approx.
• Open plan
• Air conditioning and fans
• Fully self-contained with kitchen and bathroom
• 220m² approx.
• 3 bedrooms with fans and air con
• Main bathroom with shower/spa combo.
• Generous open plan living
• Internal laundry
• Outdoor patio overlooking the farm
• 1 car lock up garage
Contact Zach Reid for further information or a prospectus regarding the plant and equipment, historical turnover (supplied to proven qualified enquiries).